BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You've Been Issued a 12 month Sub. to Nerds Exclusive!

First off...I have a confession to the world.  I am becoming a nerd...there I said it.  I've mentioned this to a select people, but it's officially global now...cause I know that the entire world reads my blog......especially because I'm so good at blogging on a regular basis.  BUT! The reason I bring this up is cause last night I had a dream..."that we will one day live in a nation where we will not be judged by the color of our skin..."...okay, that may have been someone else's dream, but I did have a dream about Chemistry...again.  This is the second offense, mind you. What do you think will happen after the third?!  Maybe the nerd Gods will come down from their eternal segways and issue me a 12 month subscription to Nerds Exclusive.  Anyway...*back to my dream* I don't actually remember what happened exactly...but I do remember my good friend, Spits (nickname), being in the dream and telling me that I was the biggest nerd that she's ever met because of whatever I was doing related to Chemistry. That's when I woke up confused at whether that as a compliment...or insult.  It's hard to tell sometimes.  Anyway...to go along with the confession of being a geek (not to be confused with Gleek, very different), I've noticed that the more I study, the more common sense and social knowledge I lose.  I mean, I didn't really have more than the average person before, but for example, people skills...the aforementioned Spits, can testify of my "Struggles" (ironically what she calls me) to maintain a casual conversation without stuttering or stumbling over my word/phrase choice.  Step into my life for a minute *cue Mr. Rogers theme song.*  Here's how the vicious cycle happens: 


1. Trip/stumble over words used in everyday English, creating a horrific stain on my reputation of remaining collected.
2. Treat stain with retaliation of covering up the mistake, in other words, Stain Stick
3. Get frustrated that Step 2 proved unsuccessful
4. Naturally, overcorrect with application of too much Stain Stick and create larger stain by excessive stumblage
5. Soak in excess studying to avoid such situations
6. In turn, leads to the fading of common sense
7. Rinse and repeat Step 1-7


I really think my mind is literally blown...as in my skull is still intact, but it has brain matter splattered all over the walls.  It's really not a big deal though, it's entertaining right? At least for those who associate with me haha.  Well, there ya have it...hope I've helped you come to a greater understanding of me and my awesomeness, I mean...nerdyness.  Peace out from R-Town!

0 comments: